Welcome to our Governors link. This is where you can find out more about the work our School Governing Body does.
The Governing Body meets at least once per term. Various committees have been set up to look at particular aspects of the school, such as the budget, health & safety, interviewing and appointments of teaching & support staff and so on.
Our legal duties include:
- setting strategic direction of the school;
- approving the school budget;
- reviewing progress of the school’s improvement plan;
- appointing and supporting the Headteacher & the staff of the school
At Mynydd Cynffig Primary School, we pride ourselves on the fact that we have a committed, loyal, dedicated and knowledgeable Governing Body whose main interest is the well-being and success of all of our pupils and staff.
Mynydd Cynffig Primary School’s Governing Body consists of:
- 4 LEA Governor representatives
- 5 Community representatives
- 5 Parent representatives
- 3 Staff Representatives